20.2.10

Results from my first two weeks - (Spoiler: They are great!)

I started this process on Feb. 6th. It's been two weeks now and I had my check-up appointment with the nutritionist this morning. The results are awesome, I'm extremely happy and proud of myself.

First off, however, I'd like to share how I went through temptation this morning. So I waited at Super 99 (one of the big supermarket chains here in Panama) for time to pass by before my appointment (there's no way I was going to pay even more money to park at the hospital - at 0.03c the minute, nah-uh) and I realize I had just parked in front of Dunkin' Donuts. Now, I'd like to clarify, it's not that I've ever died for one of their donuts, but somehow this morning it just seemed stupidly appetizing. Just one bite - or two - of their chocolate donut (it's ALL chocolate, not just the icing: dough and all) would have made my floor shake. I decided to smoke a cigarette instead. (YES, I smoke. That's another story, for a different blog.)

Twenty minutes later I arrived at the clinic. I was extremely nervous. What if I'd only lost 2lbs? What if I was disappointed! Anyways, two minutes later I was so relieved to see I had lost 5lbs!!! FIVE. Yes! I lost an average of 2 inches in all my measures, and my body mass dropped from 35.5% to 30.5%. Here are some copies:


It was cute to see the machine congratulate me for my effort! So yes, that's my first step right there. I need to focus on keeping up the work and not fall into temptation (alcohol, cake, you name it).

I can't complain, though. I had pasta and salad for lunch. Yum-oh!

2 comments:

  1. I know the machine said it so the effect won't be the same after I do, but: CONGRATULATIONS!!! Those are wonderful news and congratulations for not falling into the Dunkin Donuts temptation. Chocolate Donut vs 5lbs? I think I'll have the 5lbs less, please! Again, keep it up. I'm sure you'll reach your goal in no time.

    Btw, loved the part about: ¨Yes, I smoke. That's a different story, for another blog.¨ Great follow up!
    Lots of love,
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Regret would have come right after the second bite. These days I find the biggest pride in just saying NO to a lot of things I could eat.

    Thank u :)

    ReplyDelete