19.2.10

Ready to start + ready to lose!

Alright, so I've decided to start a blog. It's been on my procrastinating mind forever, and I finally found the motivation I needed. This miracle happened thanks to Mariana (follow her @ http://www.featuringtallulah.blogspot.com). I was bbm-ing her (just in case, it's IMing through Blackberry messenger) and telling her about my brand new lifestyle. Yes, I have a new lifestyle and I intend to keep it for as long as I am alive. It's called DIETING. Mmm, haven't we all tried it at least twice in our lives? Yes. But have we kept it? Think. It's always a resolution, always an I'm-gonna-start-on-Monday excuse for more food, always an unstable position. For years and years I've struggled with weight, and the problem was, well, I never thought I had a problem! I was a binge eater, and there was no end to the barrel. I've been thin, and that was when I was 16 years old. I used to weigh 120lbs. I'm 21 one now, and let's just say I've gained an embarrassing amount. I plan on giving away the big number when I reach my goal: -30lbs. (HINT)

See, I was at the supermarket a couple of weeks ago weighing (coincidence) some fruits when the weigh guy very nicely asked, "When's the baby due?" THAT was my cue. I freaked, I panicked, and I almost cried. I'm no walrus, but I'm no skinny bitch either. Either way, I knew it was time to take immediate action. So I went to see my nutritionist that same day (whom I hadn't seen in almost 5 years) and it turns out she has a fitness center where she uses ultrasound, heat & pressure, and NASA used machine to help lose fat. That along with the diet (1300 calories per day) and boxing (yes, I box! except I wouldn't dare fight anyone) should do the trick. It's been two weeks and tomorrow I have my first appointment post-start. I'm gonna be weighed and measured. I will definitely post results. I'm counting on at least -5lbs. Whatever happens, I'm hitting the gym right after!

BTW, it's been two weeks since I've had a drop of alcohol. I'm a heavy drinker. This is noooot an easy thing for me. I'm used to drinking 2 or 3 nights a week. And it's not just 2 or 3 drinks. It goes up to 7 if it's liquor and beer, and up to a bottle of wine if it's wine. As I told a friend, "I feel like I'm in rehab. Uncomfortably healthy."

Anyways, that's it. That's my story right now.

1 comment:

  1. All for the sole purpose of keeping yourself grounded and healthy Doms. Keep reminding yourself that and you'll see better results in no time. Mind, body and soul, my friend. That's all there's to it! Congrats on the first entry, looking forward of reading about your post-start experience. Remember whenever you need an extra push to keep on, I'm always a bbm away!
    Lots of love,
    M.

    ReplyDelete