21.2.10

Golf without carbs is NOT an easy game.

It's Sunday night and not much happened today except I played a satisfying 9 holes of golf with my dad. I have you tell you... I was put to the test yet AGAIN. Memories of golf a few years back with my dad hit me hard as I remembered all the nice snacks and drinks I used to have while playing. Chicken fingers with fries and ketchup, beer with Ginger Ale (it tastes so GOOD), Oreos, chocolate bars, mafá (it's a panamanian fried snack/chip type of thing), anyways... everything that screamed Blocked Artery.

This time, I had nothing. Nothing but water, a leftover granola bar (just one, not the two that come in the package, ONE), and my insatiable craving for more. I chose to tell my dad as we played because my focus was starting to shift towards food rather than our game, and he encouraged me to keep up the work I've been carrying for weeks. Later, I caught a glimpse of the man who was playing before us and he was drinking what looked like a deliciously refreshing Balboa (our best national beer, IMO). I gulped and frowned, but I thought, "That bottle contains nothing but empty calories." Empty calories are found in alcohol; they're calories your body doesn't keep or need for absolutely anything but to make you fatter.

Asking my dad for the time wasn't such a good idea. The minute he told me it was past noon, my mind shifted. All I could think about was lunch. So, unfortunately - and I'm truly embarrassed and sorry to admit this - I didn't play 18 holes because I wanted to eat. BAD, BAD, BAD. You should NEVER give up what you're doing because you "want" food. Anyways, we went to the club house and after minutes and minutes of indecision (it's amazing how menus are filled with FAT[ty] foods), I chose to eat a pepper steak. It was very good! It came with smashed potatoes (I only ate 1/4 of the industrial amount they served me) and veggies. I gulped it down with water and finished with a cappuccino (important: sweetened with Splenda). I no longer drink coffee, just tea in the mornings, so a simple dose wouldn't do any damage. I have to tell you I felt so proud to have eaten what I ate. I could've joined my dad with a Balboa: I didn't. I could've had the BBQ menu: I didn't. The end result: FABULOUS. It made me realize why I'm doing this, and how it's ALWAYS worth it in the end. If you're struggling, then it's not the end, you're just being put to the test. So always welcome struggle because it's part of the process of reaching what you want most. And right now I want a freaking healthy, hot, badass body!!


Sunday night dinner:
- diet hot dog (1 turkey sausage, wheat bread, lettuce, onion, ketchup and mustard) Note: Just a little, don't smear them all over like a freaking pig.
- 1 pear
- Clight (Crystal Light's international version)

P.S.: I'll take actual pictures of my meals and temptations next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment