10.3.10

Thank you, muscles?

I have to start this entry by telling you that I have the most bittersweet feeling right now. As you may already know, I had my 3rd appointment w/ with the nutri today, and I was absolutely expecting to have lost at least 5 more pounds. Um... I was wrong?

So, I get to the clinic, and yes, I said in my last entry that I wasn't feeling even a tid bit nervous, and that I was absolutely confident. Well, by the time I got there, I was so antsy that I only wanted to get it over with, so I stepped into the scale embarrassingly quickly. "Dominic, let's see if you've lost any measurements..." The lady told me as she picked up the measuring tape. "If I've lost ANY? I've obviously lost more than any."

She calculated. I got antsy. The scale hesitated. "Don't stop there, scale, move!" One hundred and forty, one hundred and forty two... one hundred and forty one. 141.

Silence.

"That can't be it. That's impossible." I began to panic, and all I really wanted was to cry a little. "Okay, measure me..." I didn't lose one single inch. All measures stayed the same as they were 2 weeks ago. What the bleep had just happened? What about every single drop of sweat I've shed? What about every single piece of food I've passed? "You probably gained muscle." The lady said. What the F?

I sat and waited to be called in because I had gotten there like 15 minutes early. I texted my mom and told her I was about to cry. Thank God they called almost right away because I was about to have a breakdown.

My nutritionist proceeded to use that magical machine which measures your body mass, how much muscle and water you have in your body, etc. Well, people, there HAD to be an explanation behind the tragedy.

"You've lost 10lbs of fat these past two weeks. However, you don't see it reflected in your weight because you've also gained 8lbs of muscle." So that's what it was all about! Now it all made perfect sense! What happened was my body balanced everything, and from now on that I've completely reached an equilibrium in both fat and muscle, my body can proceed to focus on losing only fat rather than gaining that much more muscle. Ta-da!

There are still more good news. Besides having lost 19lbs of fat in a month and gaining 12lbs of muscle, I've also reached the normal percentage of water one should have in their bodies! I started at nearly 50% which is, meh... okay, and I am currently at 57%!!! The normal amount for women is from 50-60%. Yes! Plus... I've jumped out of the RISKY level and into the FAIR level on the chart. My body mass started at 35.3% and it is now at 24.1%!

Here's a picture of what 1lb of fat and 1lb of muscle look like out of your body. YES, people, I used to have 19 of those disgusting yellow fat balls in my body. Now, thanks to the heavens, it's coming down to much less. And I've gained 12 of those metabolism accelerating muscle balls. ;)


I just realized I had to put something next to them so you'd have a reference, but let's just say each one is about the size of a almost two fists put together.

Now, I've still got a LONG way to go. Apparently, whenever I lose 12 more pounds I'll be where I want to be. That's because my body will look and be fit, but it won't be reflected in weight because of all the water and muscle.

So yes! I'm happy... the bitter in the sweet is slowly starting to go away. I didn't go box today because I was too tired, but tomorrow I'm definitely going! My nutri said I had to slow down my boxing routine because apparently it is being extremely effective: hello, look at all the muscle I've gained. So yeah, I'll tone it down a little... just a little, though.

From now on all I've got to do is... KEEP GOING.

1 comment:

  1. It is completely normal Doms and I completely understand why you got scared, but the point is that the exercise and the diet is super important at the time you start losing weight so you can keep it off longer! Congratulations Doms!! I'm really proud of you (tear).
    Lots of love,
    M.

    ReplyDelete